- Tell us about yourself and where we can find more about your travelling.
I’m Anna, I’m from Catalonia, in Spain. I work as a child psychologist and what I like most is travelling. You can find my experiences on my blog.
- How many countries have you visited and where would like to settle down at some point (I know you fall in love in so many places, but choose one and tell us why)?
I’ve visited 23 countries but I don’t care about that, because I’ve been 5 time in Italy or 4 in France. I don’t want to collect countries, I want to live experiences. I’d like to travel to Indonesia, I think it’s a country with amazing landscapes, history, temples, nice beaches and kind people.
- What do you miss most, aside from your family, from home?
In fact I don’t miss many things, most people miss food, but I enjoy eating abroad. Maybe I miss not being able to speak my language, because sometimes it’s an effort to communicate.
- What is the most common misconception that people have about you during your traveling?
Sometimes, in Europe, they think I’m a local and they ask me.
- Where did you meet the friendliest people and how did you feel about being around them?
I meet them reading blogs. Meeting people with the same interests as yours it’s the best part of blogging. I love reading other experiences and commenting.
- Funniest or most embarrassing travel moment?
Some idiomatic confusion or when I found my neighbour in Tunisia! The world is very little! Luckily, I wasn’t talking about her in that moment!
- What has been the most under-rated country/place you have been to and why? Most overrated country/place?
I have visited Nicaragua which is a country with amazing nature, I really enjoyed it there. But the level of crime and poverty is high. I went there for work, but I decided to spend some days visiting the country.
On the other side, some days ago I went to Paris, with high prices and lots of queues to visit the Torre Eiffel or other places.
- Tell us about a favourite dish from the world and one from your country that everybody should try .
I love dumplings in China and pasta in general in Italy.
In my country everybody should try Catalan Cream (crema catalana) which is made with milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and lemon. And o the other side “Pa amb tomàquet” which is bread with tomato rubbed, oil and salt.
- What is your favourite music?
I listen to Catalan rock music (txarango, Lax’n’busto)
- What song from your country everybody should know?
“Boig per tu”, from SAU. It’s a ballad from a legendary group in Catalonia which is dedicated to a girl or to the moon, it’s not really known (Shakira version)
12. Give us one of your favorite phrases in your mother tong and explain what it means.
Hi ha més dies que llonganisses = “there are more days than sausages” It means there’s lot of time to do things.
- You have a chance to ask one question to anyone in history and get an honest reply – what is your question and to whom?
I would ask Hitler: are you happy?
- One thing you don’t like about other travelers or traveling?
- What has been your most valuable lesson learned from travel?
Traveling opens your mind, you know new ways to do things. And you know that it’s possible to live with less stuff. Even, people who has less things is more grateful and happy. In Nicaragua children and adult smile more often than us, who are living in developed countries with lots of things and comfort.