- Tell us about yourself and where we can find more about your travelling.
I’m a travel blogger and a father of two twins. You can find more information about me in section “sobre el autor” on my blog.
- How many countries have you visited and where would like to settle down at some point (I know you fall in love in so many places, but choose one and tell us why)?
I’ve visited a few countries (27). I’ve been on the five continents. If I have to settle down in some place I would select New Zealand. It is the more beautiful country I’ve ever known.
- What do you miss most, aside from your family, from home?
I miss my family when I’m travelling without them but I prefer (for sure) to travel with my wife and (if it’s possible) with my girls.
- What is the most common misconception that people have about you during your travelling?
Many people used to think that I’m Italian but I’m Spanish.
- Where did you meet the friendliest people and how did you feel about being around them?
Maybe in Nepal. People were fantastic, nice, kind, incredible place and incredible people.
- Funniest or most embarrassing travel moment?
I have a lot of anecdotes. One time in Australia, for example, I asked a waiter for a “kidnapping” instead of “napkin”. The waiter looked at me like I was a criminal.
- What has been the most under-rated country/place you have been to and why? Most overrated country/place?
Most under-rated country would be Portugal because it is close to Spain and a lot of people think it is not a great place but it is a really spectacular country. Most overrated, it is difficult, maybe England, because you have heard a lot of things about the country and then you go and it is not so incredible.
- Tell us about a favourite dish from the world and one from your country that everybody should try.
Tajine in Morocco is my favourite dish from the world. From my country you should try “paella”.
- What is your favourite author and what did you like about his style?
I like Miquel Silvestre, a Spanish travel writer. I like his casual style.
- What is your favourite music ?
U2 and Leonard Cohen.
- What song from your country everybody should know?
- Give us one of your favourite phrases in your mother tongue and explain what it means.
¡VayaTela!=“this is incredible”.
- Best foreign curse you know?
Pendejo, a Mexican curse, which means asshole.
- Do you have a favourite foreign name and what does it mean?
I like “Ofelié” the name of my mother in French but I don’t know what does it means.
- You have a chance to ask one question to anyone in history and get an honest reply – what is your question and to whom?
Stalin – Do you feel a better person than Hitler?
- What is your favourite website?
- What has been your most valuable lesson learned from travel?
To be humble.