- Tell us about yourself and where we can find more about your travelling.
2. How many countries have you visited and where would like to settle down at some point (I know you fall in love in so many places, but choose one and tell me why)?
I’ve been to 33 countries and I want to settle down in an Island Paradise in Asia to build our very own yoga and Ayurveda resort.
- What do you miss most, aside from your family, from your home country?
Food and the festivals!
- What is the most common misconception that people have about you?
Hmm, people that we meet usually don’t think that I’m from the Philippines.
- Is there any place which you wouldn’t visit again and why?
Maybe Agra, India. Aside from the Taj Mahal, it was overrated.
- Where did you meet the friendliest people and how did you feel about being around them?
The best people that we met was in Patagonia de Chile, they are just so kind and you can feel the positivity and simplistic lifestyle!
- Funniest or most embarrassing travel moment?
Most embarrassing I think would be when the time we missed our flight from Saudi Arabia to UK because we fell asleep beside the departure gate and nobody woke us up. Quite expensive place to oversleep for 30 minutes. We ended up re-booking our flight and paying more.
- What has been the most over-rated country/place you have been to and why?
Over rated? I think the San Pedro Atacama in Chile. Everybody in South America would tell you to visit there, we spent our New Year there and it’s totally ripped off.
- Tell us about a favourite dish from the world and one from your country that everybody should try.
Oh gosh, I have a lot of favorite but I will always love the Thai and Vietnamese cuisine. From my country? I love Kaldereta, Kare Kare and Sinigang na Baboy – you can easily google it. Super yummy!
- What is your favourite author and what did you like about his style?
I love Tim Ferris and Rhonda Byrne, completely different kind of writing but they both influenced me to pursue this lifestyle!
- Give us one of your favorite phrases in your mother tongue and explain what it means.
“Eh di wow! Bongga ka!” – it’s like a gay lingo and you say it when someone did something impressive!
- One thing you don’t like about other travelers or traveling?
Actually, traveling can make you fat!
- What has been your most valuable lesson learned from travel?
Everything happens for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
I was also thinking to go to San Pedro de Atacama, hm …