- Tell us about yourself and where we can find more about your travelling.
We are Manel and Cristina and we are from Barcelona, Catalonia (Spain). We have a blog where we combine our two passions, travelling and photography. We write in our mother tongue, Catalan. But now, we also write in Spanish, because we can reach a wider audience and countries around the world. Especially to South America.
- How many countries have you visited and where would like to settle down at some point (I know you fall in love in so many places, but choose one and tell us why)?
We have visited 28 different countries, but we do not like being simply travel collectors. We love repeating destinations and going back to places to discover new sensations.
We are in love with many countries and we would choose them to live without a doubt. But if we have to say one, it would be Canada. We have been in Toronto for a month and we felt at home. We would like to repeat that experience!
- What do you miss most, aside from your family, from home?
When we are abroad, we have technologies to keep in touch. But when we are travelling we don’t stop because we want to see as much as possible. That’s why, we sometimes miss our sofa. ☺
- What is the most common misconception that people have about you during your traveling?
Many people ask us how we pay our travels. They think they need a lot of money but it is not true. For example, we are used to exchanging our house. So we stay in other places without paying.
- Is there any place which you wouldn’t visit again and why?
Every destination has something special. We have preferences, of course, but there isn’t any disappointing country.
- Where did you meet the friendliest people and how did you feel about being around them?
Indonesia is a place where you find many smiles, especially from children. Another country is Australia. They like helping and chatting too. They are very friendly.
- Funniest or most embarrassing travel moment?
We have many anecdotes. We remember a shameful moment but also funny.
We were in Alaska and we parked our motor home. We went to the toilette. Many motor homes are similar so we made a mistake and came back into another motor home. I opened the door, I sat down, I took the steering wheel and suddenly I heard someone screaming. I turned back and saw an old couple staring at me. I tried to explain the situation but it was complicated.
- What has been the most under-rated country/place you have been to and why? Most overrated country/place?
A country that surprised us was Morocco. We discovered wonderful landscapes, delicious gastronomy and friendly people. We like travelling open-minded and not having preconceived ideas.
On the other hand, we expected more when we were in Niagara Falls. It was a beautiful place but the city around not.
- Tell us about a favourite dish from the world and one from your country that everybody should try.
We love tasting typical food from the places we visit. It helps you discover many things from a country. It is difficult to choose one (we love Italian pasta, Moroccan tajine …) but something we couldn’t stop eating would be crêpe Breton. It is dough made with flour water filled with anything: ham, cheese, egg… delicious!
We also love our Spanish omelet. We could eat it anytime. Eggs and potatoes to get a perfect plate!
- What is your favourite author and what did you like about his style?
We like travel readings and crime novels too. If the plot is good, the book will be on our night table. Our favourite authors are Haruki Murakami and Ken Follet.
- What song from your country everybody should know?
A song called “Llença’t by Lax’n Busto”. Its lyric is very optimistic. It invites you to start a new travel and take the first step!
- Give us one of your favorite phrases in your mother tongue and explain what it means.
“Al mal tiempo, buena cara” the translation would be “if bad weather, you must look good even the bad weather”. It is the way we say: if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
13. Do you have a favourite foreign name and what does it mean?
“Denali”, in native indian from Alaska means “big mountain” One of the most beautiful places we have seen.
14. You have a chance to ask one question to anyone in history and get an honest reply – what is your question and to whom?
More than questions, we would like to live important moments for the humanity: The discovery of America, the moon landing…
15. What is your favourite website?
16. One thing you don’t like about other travelers or traveling?
We always learn a lot from other travelers. We love reading travel blogs. Probably what we hate the most is the way back home.
17. What has been your most valuable lesson learned from travel?
The most important thing is being happy and seeing the world and other cultures. This is a good way to enjoy our life.